Friday, January 22, 2016

Fifth year anniversary

Today this blog has been online for five years! For this occasion, I decided to bring a highlight from each year. These are personal choices, not necessarily the posts with most views.

The highlight from 2011 is the Grey City campaign. It was played with custom miniatures and terrain, using the Fear and Faith rules. The battle reports are written from the point of view of the survivors.

From 2012, the highlight is the Circle of Death championship, played with Red Sun Black Moon rules. This was an opportunity to use some really good-looking paper miniatures in their original scale, as I usually do not play in 28mm.

The review of Resistance is Futile (RiF) is my highlight from 2013. This is probably the most detailed game review I have written in this blog, including a good number of playtest games to be able to better discuss the rules.

My highlight from 2014 is the City Patrol battle report. It is a patrol mission played with Chain Reaction 3.1 with a bit of narrative in the report. The reason to pick it up, however, is that it is one of my best-looking reports on the blog.

Lastly, my highlight from 2015 is the solo review of No End In Sight. In this one I was able to discuss the rules and present some test scenarios with a focus on solo play (although it is not a particularly solo-oriented game.)

While looking back at all the posts to select these five, I found other interesting reports, unfinished stories, crazy (or at least vague) rants, and some nice pictures of paper models. Good times :)

5 comments:

Fitz-Badger said...

Congratulations on 5 years, and thanks for sharing them with us!

Weasel said...

Nice work for so long :-)

I am honoured to have made the top 5 in a sort of way.

Wouter said...

Congratulations!
I find your posts very unique and different from many other blogs, the way you play with paper/cardboard and rules is amazing.

Shaun Travers said...

Congratulations on five years of excellence!

Ricardo Nakamura said...

Thanks for the kind comments :)