Friday, December 14, 2012

Liebster Blog Award and my blogroll

I got a Liebster Award, courtesy of JF of the Solo Nexus blog. This is a kind of viral/blogger-to-blogger award meant to promote less known blogs (and well, it's nice to give and get some recognition.)


The Rules:
  • Copy and paste the award to your blog, linking it to the blog who nominated you.
  • Pass the award to your top five blogs with less than 200 followers by leaving a comment on one of their blog posts to notify them that they have won the award and list them on your own blog.
  • Sit back and bask in that warm fuzzy feeling of knowing that you have made someone's day
  • There is no obligation to pass this onto anyone but it is nice if you do.
I thought I'd take the opportunity to pass along the award to some nice blogs that I follow and that, like my own, haven't seen updates in a while. In alphabetical order, they are:

El Rincón de Slorm: lots of good battle reports with an emphasis in games from Two Hour Wargames, USE ME and the Song of Blades engine. 

Miniaturas de Reivaj: I knew Reivaj through the Cardboard Warriors forum. His blog is all about paper miniatures, which he continually improves. He currently sells some sets through RPGNow. It's also very nice that he uses paper miniatures in class activities with his students.

Mono Desire: Mats' blog is about solo gaming, whether board games, strategy games or RPGs, with good battle reports and product reviews. He's also produced a nice set of solo rules for Song of Blades and Heroes.

Solo RPG Gamer: this blog was, appropriately enough, my starting point for solo RPG sessions. Dreamer's discussions about solo storytelling and session reports are all worth reading.

Tactical Miniature Gaming: beautiful battle reports in a variety of games, as well as good posts about paper terrain (10mm scale buildings, for instance.)

As I checked my blogroll, I was surprised to see that 246's Adventures seem to have been deleted. His creative battle reports were one of the main inspirations for me to start my own gaming blog.


3 comments:

Sean said...

Well done Ricardo.

Unknown said...

Wow, thanks a lot Ricardo! Very kind words! =)

I have been extremely bad at updating my blog lately though. Embarrassed about that. There have been some many things that have caught my attention this fall (e.g. family, work, other hobbies etc). So there haven't been much gaming at all.

Hope things will calm down a bit during spring, so that I can return to this beloved hobby!

Again, thanks!

Dreamer said...

That's very kind of you, Ricardo! I appreciate that.